This page has moved to a new address.

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Pie

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Pie

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Pie

Pioneer Woman had posted this recipe for a chocolate pie right before Valentine's Day, and I had briefly pointed out her latest posting, but didn't get around to actually trying the pie until tonight.

I'm improving from my bout with the flu, and had enough energy to catch up on chores (laundry, vacuuming, general straightening of the house). I made arrangements to start my 2-weeks tour on Tuesday instead of Monday, which bought me another day to pack and prepare some meals for the boys in my absence.

I came across a spare ball of pie dough from when I was planning to make two quiches for my Stampin' Up party last Thursday. Since turnout was pretty small, I opted to just make one quiche. So I blind-baked the pie crust and went forth to make the PW Chocolate Pie filling. I took PW's advice and used the raw eggs, blending each one for 4-5 minutes before adding the next.

From 2008 02 24 PW...


From 2008 02 24 PW...


From 2008 02 24 PW...


This was a resounding success! Using pure baking chocolate with sugar made such a RICH chocolate flavor. I couldn't even finish my sliver-of-a-piece...it was most delicious, so rich.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 25, 2008 at 1:21:00 PM CST , Blogger Unknown said...

Makes me wish we ate eggs!! That looks HEAVENLY!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home