This page has moved to a new address.

A General Malaise

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: A General Malaise

Friday, February 22, 2008

A General Malaise



For the first time ever, I think I might have caught the flu from the flu shot I received last week at the Air Force base. I can't remember the last time I had the flu, if ever! It showed up with a vengeance yesterday afternoon. The aches, fatigue and general "blahness" is a real damper on my day-to-day life. Luckily I don't have too much going on between now and Sunday, but I hope I'm well enough Sunday evening to make the drive to Sumter, SC for my "two-weeks-per-year" Annual Tour.

Dave's been an angel -- he's taken the lead with the kids and has given me a chance to get as much rest as possible. I think he understands that I need to be well for work for the next two weeks. He's awesome!

The good news is that I've been able to lounge around on the couch eating bon bons...okay, no, I'm kidding. I've been able to rest and work on a crochet project, which doesn't take too much brain power.

Other good news is that Timmy seems well, and Jake has a runny nose, but no other signs. I've been chasing them around the house with the ear thermometer about every 2 hours just to be sure.

Dave had a commitment at work at lunchtime, so I'm staying home with Timmy, and with enough medication (in me, not him) it hasn't been had. Timmy's been very good, coloring, painting and now he's sitting nicely watching "Cars" and working on puzzles.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 22, 2008 at 10:41:00 AM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer. Narada and Rasaraj were so sick earlier this week. Narada was running a fever for a couple days and very lethargic. He just layed in bed watching videos (portable dvd player) and snoozing. I had it yesterday. Yucko!

Hope you feel better soon and definitely before you head to SC on Sunday.

 
At Friday, February 22, 2008 at 10:08:00 PM CST , Blogger Morgan said...

you can keep your sick to yourself.

If you need anything let us know and I'll slide it under the door.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home