This page has moved to a new address.

My Baby is Growing Up!

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: My Baby is Growing Up!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up!


My baby boy is growing up. Today, in the middle of a very very difficult morning of trying to run a billion errands with both boys, Jake matter-of-factly told me that one of his lower teeth has been loose for a few days.

We were in the van at the time, where Jake sits in the "way back" (3rd row) so I wasn't able to check until we got home.

But I did check...lo and behold, one of his lower teeth is indeed loose!

I didn't expect it to happen this soon, his first tooth appeared on April Fool's Day 2003, he was 6 1/2 months. I think that's an average time for the first tooth, so I expected his first tooth more around age 6. He's currently just shy of 5 1/2.



From Ground Contro...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 3:01:00 PM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted 25c per tooth. Maybe I'm a scrooge. In Japan they don't have a tooth fairy. We didn't do it with Kapila. With Rasaraj we have been. Nothing special for the first tooth. Just the same for all of them.

Bah! Humbug!

 
At Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 10:06:00 PM CST , Blogger Morgan said...

Im not sure you noticed this, this weekend or not but Rose has lost all 4 of her front teeth we lost the first at 5 and half so I say hes right on target. I wrote a note from her tooth fairy and gave her 1 dollar for her first and 50 cents for all the rest.

 
At Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 10:42:00 PM CST , Blogger The Vollmers said...

Thanks for the tip -- when I was going a Google image search for the cartoon that's on the tooth posting, I saw an image for a Tooth Fairy certificate you could print up and I thought that was adorable, too.

I had a pink pillow that I think my Mom or Grandmother made. Had a lacy pocket on the front to hold the tooth. I might have it around the house somewhere, if I'm industrious enough to look for it.

 
At Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 8:24:00 AM CST , Blogger Maryann Miller said...

I'm sure I'd give a $1. I remember losing my teeth as being quite traumatic. Dad would put dental floss around the very loose teeth and pull them out. It didn't hurt, but it did take him what seems now like an hour to actually get the floss around the tooth and actually pull it. I don't know why we did that. I think it had something to do with the new tooth coming in straight. Anyway, seems like maybe I'd want to really compensate for the lost tooth. I'm not looking forward to loose teeth over here;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home