This page has moved to a new address.

Floating Heads

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: Floating Heads

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Floating Heads

Dave said I should talk about this one. The boys and I were looking at the scrapbook my Mom made for my 30th birthday (it's really really awesome -- covers through age 8!), and Dave comes across this portrait. It was taken in summer 1981, so I was 7.

"Who's that little boy in the upper right corner?"

I replied, "That's my sister, silly*!"

*I might have said something more severe than "silly", I can't remember.

Who remembers these kinds of pictures? I think they were all the rage in the 80s. Aren't they the most ridiculous thing??? I'm sure the Sears Portrait Studio was showing off this incredible technological breakthrough: take two separate portraits, and merge them into one! WOW!

To put it in perspective, this is what my sister looked like when she isn't a floating head in my thoughts. She was about 2 1/2 here:

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 7:17:00 AM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought that was Narada's disembodied head floating there for a second ;0)

I think we look oh so cute in those pictures.

 
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 4:05:00 PM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I was also reminded of the Cheshire Cat after looking at that photo. Slowly fading away until just his smile was left...

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 4:16:00 PM CST , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, my first guess would have been, "Oh, that's Narada up there!!" Hi Patricia, just found the link to your blog. I'll be keeping up with you now!!! --Ginger

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home