This page has moved to a new address.

The "Bra"

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: The "Bra"

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The "Bra"

This is "The Bra", the nickname for the tent covering the central patio in our base's living area. I don't think I need to explain any more. The base gym, BX, finance office, library, media center and WiFi hotspot (with which I can do these blog posts) all are near here.

Anyway, to give you an idea of the dust here, note the different colors to the "bra cups". Yesterday I was kicked out of my spot under the right side of the tent because workers were hoisted up to the top of the tent to scrub it.

The right side is scrubbed, the left side, obviously, isn't. I don't know how often they do this...I'll keep you posted.

It isn't super-dusty here, but there isn't a lick of foliage anywhere at all! No grass, no trees, NOTHING. All sand and rocks. For those who know how much I love to garden, you could imagine my disdain!

Maybe I should ask for stuff to plant flowers here? The climate is great this time of year...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 8:13:00 AM CST , Blogger Paul said...

Hey, that guy in the middle is in neither ABUs or PT gear...scofflaw? The only foliage I remember seeing in Saudi (other than the occasional landscaped palm tree) was what we referred to as the "Saudi rose" - plastic shopping bags that were clinging to fences and dead bushes.

 
At Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 12:35:00 PM CST , Blogger Susie PSU said...

I wish we could hang out under a patio like that. We have 6 inches of snow!
Enjoy the warmth, although you miss the greenery. How about a sand castle for us?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home