This page has moved to a new address.

FotoMom's Birthday Cake

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: FotoMom's Birthday Cake

Monday, May 12, 2008

FotoMom's Birthday Cake

I don't consider myself an extremely proud person. I'm proud of my boys, my husband, even my well-behaved puppy dog, but I don't often get too proud of myself.

A couple weeks ago, I know, I was proud of my clean house (which isn't that clean anymore)!

Here's something else I'm pretty proud of: Maryann's Birthday Cake! Click on the photo for the step-by-step in how I did this.

What Maryann probably didn't realize was all the brainstorms her husband and I went through: a cemetary, the USS Enterprise, flowers, and a red velvet Darth Vader cake had crossed our minds.

From 2008 05 10 Ma...

I guess it was after spending $35 for Timmy's "Thomas the Tank Engine" 1st birthday cake that I felt that I could decorate my own cakes for a fraction of the cost, all the while doing something special for my boys and for friends. So for my birthday in 2006 I asked for cake decorating lessons at the local A.C. Moore craft store.

The class was fun and I learned SO MUCH! See more of my hand-decorated cakes here.

Chef Duff Goldman I am not, but I still have fun!

4 Comments:

At Monday, May 12, 2008 at 11:03:00 PM CDT , Blogger Christina said...

This cake is fabulous!!! That would cost a fortune from a good bakery! I checked out your other cakes. I love the Cookie Monster cupcakes and the Diet Coke cake!!! WOW!

 
At Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 7:21:00 PM CDT , Blogger Sarah D said...

Very nice!!

Do you enjoy Ace of Cakes as well?

I think Duff is so funny.

Love the blog. The title is great!

 
At Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 7:54:00 PM CDT , Blogger The Vollmers said...

Why yes, I do love watching Ace of Cakes! Duff is awesome!

 
At Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 9:55:00 PM CDT , Blogger Andrea said...

WOW! You are so good!! you can't move now that I know this about you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home