This page has moved to a new address.

The Great iPhone Debate

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: The Great iPhone Debate

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Great iPhone Debate


Me: "I want an iPhone."

Dave: "How can you be such a slave to technology?"

Me: "It's cool and it takes care of many of the things I want to do in today's wireless world. After all, my current cell phone is on the brink of death and if I lose it, I not only lose my phone, but also my MP3 player. So we can replace both the phone and MP3 player, or get it all-in-one with an iPhone!"

Dave: "It's Skynet -- it's coming!"

I've already been to our local Apple store where they have banks of them with which you can log in to your own e-mail accounts and send messages, make phone calls, you can take photos/videos and you can surf the web. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with them, as did my boys, who immediately asked me to bring up the Peanut Butter Jelly video on You Tube!

Dave showed me this cartoon, which is pretty funny, but does a good job bringing to light one of my fears of getting a full-priced phone. I've been pretty brutal on my cell phones. I'd need to get insurance and one of those super-armored "skins" to protect it.

Since we have that IRS Economic Stimulus money coming to us later this month, and President Bush wants us to spend more money, I'm thinking our opportunity for me to get an iPhone couldn't be better!

A valid concern I do have about having this iPhone is the, um, URGE I'll have to want to be on the web all the time. Might I be trying to write e-mails at traffic lights? Or worse yet, while I'm cruising down I-40??? Do other people do that?

We'll see whether I get one or not. So far I'm not completely sold, but I'm about 80% there.

-Patricia the Techno-Slave

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 8:04:00 PM CDT , Blogger Maryann Miller said...

While I don't have a burning desire for an iPhone, I do understand the desire. Count me in as one of those people that has text messaged at a stop light. Oops! Did I admit that? Long live technology as long as it's self imposed helpful technology:-)

 
At Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 6:52:00 AM CDT , Blogger Paul said...

Perhaps there's a cheaper iPhone in your future...

 
At Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 11:04:00 AM CDT , Blogger The Vollmers said...

Here's the original speculation about the new iPhone. And YES, I can wait till the end of June...I think.

 
At Thursday, May 1, 2008 at 4:03:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you actually have two options on the newer iphone, from what I understand (according to the "cranky geeks" episode yesterday).

you could but it with AT+T/URGE service, and get it for 200. or if you want to pay 200 more, you can get a totally unlocked version which you could use for any carrier (like verizon). if you'er worried about AT+T's network (who isn't at times), get the unlocked version.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home