This page has moved to a new address.

Timmy's First Year Scrapbook, Finally!

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: Timmy's First Year Scrapbook, Finally!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Timmy's First Year Scrapbook, Finally!

Dave Update:  Friday was a pretty good day for him.  He was able to rest very comfortably, and after the kids came home from school he walked up and down our block -- the kids walked the dog.  With the back brace he's keeping very nice posture while he back heals...

He's looking great, and moving decently all things considered.  His spirits are high during the day.  By evening as the medications wear off he'll get pretty worn out.  Which means he's sleeping well at night...

Well before Dave's surgery was scheduled, I had arranged with a childhood friend Angela to meet for a weekend of scrapbook cropping on November 3-5 with some other ladies.  We pool our resources -- such as all those computerized, digitized tools that I haven't invested in yet -- and banter ideas back and forth.  I love doing these, and I hadn't been to a crop since I was stationed in eastern Florida right after Timmy as born!  Most of the ladies booked rooms at a hotel on the beach and we rented one of the hotel's meeting rooms to do the cropping, but my plan was to do marathon cropping during the day and sleep at home at night.

Our view from the meeting room we rented to crop.
We're playing it by ear, but today I was able to go out and join in on the crop briefly while the boys were at school.  Dave stayed home and since I wasn't far away, I could be back quickly if there were problems.

Enjoy some of the pages I made Friday for Timmy's first-year scrapbook.  I did 8 pages...many of which I started at the crop and then finished at home tonight.  As I finished each page at the crop I took quick phone photos and texted (ahem, iMessaged them) to Dave.  They aren't great photos here, and the scrapbooking supplies took a beating during our PCS last year so we have lots of upturned corners.  Make sure you see the last picture, it's my favorite of the bunch...

If Dave is still doing well, I would like to go back Saturday and see if I can crank out 8 more pages.  I'm taking the ladies a lasagna, at a minimum...


There's a page to the left of this titled "FIRST", that looks the same with four other visitors (mostly family).

This is a pre-made page that I won as a door prize at a Stampin' Up...or was it a Creative Memories? Party.  Today I just had to add the pictures and the word cutouts.

Some "journaling" (i.e. captioning) will go on the right side of this page.

A caption will go in the lower right.

My favorite so far.  Thanks to Angela for her Sizzix that makes "shadow" letters that made this so much fun to do...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 11:48:00 AM CDT , Blogger Laurie said...

Looks fab. I miss the tactile nature of physical scrapbooking now that I've gone Shutterfly. Good luck with the rest of the book!

 
At Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 11:49:00 AM CDT , Blogger Laurie said...

Looks great. I miss that tactile quality of scrapbooking now that I've gone Shutterfly. Good luck with the rest of the book!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home