This page has moved to a new address.

Pumpkin "Style" Pie? What WILL They Think of Next?

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: Pumpkin "Style" Pie? What WILL They Think of Next?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pumpkin "Style" Pie? What WILL They Think of Next?


Took this picture yesterday at the Commissary.  I'll let the picture speak for itself.  The subtitle below says "Creamy taste and texture of pumpkin pie flavored with natural cinnamon & ginger".

I don't know what to say about this pie-ish product.  Many times you guys have known me to whine about processed foods.  That's not to say I keep my house free of them.  Depending on how busy our lives are, I've been known to stash a tray of frozen chicken enchiladas in the freezer or Kraft Macaroni & Cheese in the pantry.

You've also known me to buy some of these crazier foods and do taste tests with my kids comparing it to a homemade version.

But I couldn't bring myself to buy this.  Heck, I'm even somewhat uncomfortable buying canned pumpkin for pie, although according to the can there's nothing in the can except pumpkin, right?  Mashed steamed pumpkin makes the pie SO good!

That's all I have to say 'bout that...

Dave goes back to work tomorrow.  He's in really good shape to return and is ready to get back to society.  Not 100% pain free, but most of his day he's pretty comfortable.  He's tapered off his meds enough that I think he'll be okay, so long as he takes it easy physically.  I think mentally he's definitely good to go for returning to work!

And then I can get my house back!  And clean things up some!  It's been utter chaos...Dave has traditionally helped with SOME of the housework -- whether it's folding laundry or washing dishes a few times per week.  I've been able to keep the house clean...i.e., free of dirt, but it's been cluttery beyond even MY personal standards!

Also, tomorrow's the last day of NaBloPoMo.  I didn't succeed in the full challenge, but I am proud for having blogged every day in the month of November so far, except for the 20th.  Where I simply had a brain fart, I guess.

Later this week I'll be dusting off my holiday cookie posts from years past.  I make a couple of fun, unique cookie recipes, along with the classic sugar cookies and spritz cookies.  I'll just re-boot the older posts.  I don't plan to change anything this year, I promise!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 10:20:00 PM CST , Blogger Susana la Banana said...

I'm so glad you did NaBloPoMo! I didn't even notice the 20th missing, ha ha! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home