This page has moved to a new address.

The Fruits of Our Labors...Thus Far...

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: The Fruits of Our Labors...Thus Far...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Fruits of Our Labors...Thus Far...

I was planning to be scarce from the blogosphere while Dave and I attend a "Squadron Commander's Course" at the base all week. The kids were going to the before- and after-school child care. But on Tuesday, Jacob came home from school looking and feeling pretty poor, and had a 101F fever. I kept Jacob home from school today so he could recover, and here I am with an unexpected day at home. I was able to catch up on a bunch of household odds and ends, including taking some pictures of my veggie garden so far! I'm so excited about how well things are going. I'm also prepared for everything here to be all fried-to-heck by late June.

It's been 5 1/2 weeks since we planted our seedlings. Let's start with a before and after:

March 13, 2011.
April 20, 2011.

Enjoy some close up pictures of the garden's progress.

Our first jalapeno pepper.
Our first bell peppers.
Grape tomatoes.
Yellow granex onions.  If they were growing in Vidalia County, GA, they'd be "Vidalia Onions".
Cucumbers-to-be.
Our first female pumpkin flower...blog followers from 2009 remember my pumpkin pimping days here, here and here.
From my previous blog about the fauna on the Panhandle, you'll know that when I see new friends in the backyard I'm ready to investigate.  {Running to search Google}  Okay, I'm back.  What we have here is a "Six-Lined Racerunner".  He was hanging out near our garden.
Here are TWO green anoles sitting under my upside-down tomato planter.  The one at the bottom has his pink "dewlap" exposed, but since he's head-on, you can't see it too well.  This picture shows the dewlap a little better, but you can't see the 2nd lizard as well, so I didn't feature this pic.
One of my two upside-down tomato planters, dripping with young green plum tomatoes!
I can't wait to make some "Grammy Vollmer Pasta Sauce" with these!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 7:49:00 PM CDT , Blogger The Country Cook said...

Your garden certainly agrees with Florida..LOL. It is coming along so well. We just planted our garden 2 weeks ago so nothing really happening yet. Love that you did jalapenos too!!

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 7:05:00 AM CDT , Blogger Jennifer said...

Your garden is beautiful!! I can only imagine what it will look like in another month or so.

We have lots of lizards here too. My kids are constantly catching green anoles (they've kept two as pets for almost 10 months). I don't know how they catch then - they are so fast!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home