This page has moved to a new address.

The MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #32

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: The MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #32

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #32


I recently discovered Wife of a Sailor while wandering through the Blogosphere looking for....well I can't remember what.

She has helped bring together dozens and dozens of other military spouse bloggers.  I had sent "Wifey" a note a few weeks ago expressing my appreciation for this project she does: "MilSpouse Friday Fill-in".  It's been fun to read others' responses, but this is the first week I'm taking part.  On Thursdays she posts the questions, then you post the answers on your own blog and then send her your post with the answers.  It draws all these other military spouse bloggers together.  Very clever!

So here are this weeks' questions, and my answers.  It's going to be worded somewhat formally since a several new readers will be seeing it.

Do you or your {spouse} ever wish your {spouse} was in a different branch of the military?

Funny this was asked, because my husband actually inquired into transferring into the Navy in the late 1990s.  The Air Force made some significant changes to our ("our", since I was on active duty at the time) career field in the late 1990s, and a lot of opportunities to be stationed overseas and in more parts of the country went away.  Ironically, the Navy did similar consolidations with their weather career field about 7-8 years after the Air Force did, and the issue became moot.

What duty station(s) are on your “No Way, Hell No, Not Going, Have Fun Unaccompanied” list and why?

I can't think of any place that we absolutely wouldn't at least try.  Especially overseas.  If we can come along, we certainly will!  Fort Hood, TX and Fort Irwin, CA are high up on an "almost No Way" list, but it doesn't look like he'd get stationed there.

If you could be one age forever, what age would you choose and why?

27.  I felt like I was on top of the world when I was 27, for some reason.  The only things missing were the kids, I didn't have my first son till I was almost 28.

If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would you be?

Life.  Yummy AND nutritious!  The name says it all :-)

What is your morning beverage of choice and why?

About 16 oz. of homemade coffee, with 2% milk and 2 TBSP. of sugar.  I had a couple years where I made this for myself EVERY morning, but I've been cutting back to just 1-2x per week.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 4, 2011 at 7:38:00 PM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would want to stay away from Texas, too, even though Huzzy is from there. Actually, he'd like to stay away as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home