This page has moved to a new address.

I Swear, I'm Not the One Teaching This!!!

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: I Swear, I'm Not the One Teaching This!!!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Swear, I'm Not the One Teaching This!!!



Okay, perhaps I am teaching this by answering Jacob's many questions -- but I really truly had to think hard about whether 15 is 1/8 of 120. And notice the complete sentences about it -- I think we might be able to introduce fractions soon...

Yesterday, during the thunderstorms, we went to the library around the corner from Grammy and Grampy Vollmer's house. Both boys were chomping at the bit to play the Jump Start computer games in the kids' room, but I asked each boy to read me a book first. Despite Jacob's incredible math skills, and his reading skills, he still can't sit still to save his life. Less than halfway through the book Jacob will say "I don't feel like reading anymore".

Timmy, on the other hand, has no problem sitting with me for an entire book -- Timmy cares about how the stories end.

We're dealing with some pretty yucky weather here on Long Island...so many of our outdoor plans are in a "wait and see" mode, including the beach (was supposed to be today, we'll try tomorrow) and a Yankees/Nationals game on Thursday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home