This page has moved to a new address.

New Poll! --------------------------------->

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: New Poll! --------------------------------->

Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Poll! --------------------------------->

This is more of a cry for assistance than anything else. I still don't trust that my 6-year-old is brushing his teeth on his own well enough. I remember getting some serious lessons in 2nd grade (remember those pink-colored plaque tablets?)

Meanwhile, Timmy wants nothing to do with my help when he's brushing his teeth and I know he's cutting corners. So I butt in with ample protest every day to "finish the job."

Feel free to add comments about your opinions!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 3:46:00 PM CDT , Blogger Maryann Miller said...

I know we're supposed to be teaching our kids how to do things on their own... That said, I brush their teeth mostly myself. If they play around for a few seconds, that's great, but then I REALLY clean them. I guess I'm determined to avoid all cavities. The brushing has gotten much easier lately with neither really putting up a fuss. There were times when Joey was around 2 that I'd literally have to pin him down to brush... Not these days thank goodness.

 
At Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 6:09:00 PM CDT , Blogger Paul said...

Eh, they'll just fall out eventually anyway...the tooth fairy doesn't care if they have holes. She still pays the same.

 
At Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 6:13:00 PM CDT , Blogger Unknown said...

When Gina (Jacob and Timmy's cousin) was little I told her that if she didn't brush her teeth little bugs might eat little holes in them. It worked with her but may not with Timmy (since boys very often do like bugs).

Love,
Mom

 
At Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 7:37:00 PM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brush Daniels once a day and he does itonce a day. He feels like he gets his chance that way. Around age 4 I started to give up and let him do it all. The dentist made it very clear to him that was not acceptable. So, now we take turns. We saw the dentist today - he said that's still the best way till he's older.

We also found out today he has 2 loose teeth!!

 
At Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 9:03:00 PM CDT , Blogger Southern Girl said...

Grayson brushes on his own in the morning. Then, at night, Daddy does most of the work, including the flossing. FYI, my nephew had 2 cavities from not flossing! Make sure you floss!! While they do still fall out, no child wants to have fillings.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home