This page has moved to a new address.

A Musing About Maryann

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: A Musing About Maryann

Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Musing About Maryann

I get an e-mail that looks like this every night.

Is it Spam? (How many Nigerian millionaires ARE there who want to share their inheritances with me????")

No no no...not spam at all. These are cool! This is my friend Maryann's daily photo album and daily message. In fact, if you linked all these together...you'd have a BLOG!

Which is what she recently did -- she and I set up our blogs on the same day, in fact!

This woman takes a LOT of pictures. I know many of you get my albums routinely and say "How the heck does Patricia get the time to take/upload/caption/transmit all those pictures????"

That's only because you don't know Maryann.

Some of you wonder "Where does Patricia have the energy to do all this stuff?"

That's only because you don't know Maryann.

Susan, if you're reading this, you're a close SECOND to Maryann!

Maryann has two sons like I do -- our older boys are about a month apart in age, our younger ones are exactly 6 months apart. And they're buddies!

Maryann: I raise my Frappuchino to you! I need the caffeine to keep up with you!


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 10:53:00 PM CST , Blogger Don Miller said...

Major Mom,

You can't let this secret about Maryann OUT! Before I retired I kept pretzels, chocolate, and StarBucks Frappuchino in my desk! That way I knew she'd always come by and visit and while she was there I get 2 or 3 bugs in my code fixed, or have her 'help me' fix a PowerPoint I was stuck on.

I learned to give that girl a Frappuchino some chocolate and a keyboard and get the he!! out of the way cause she's a buzz saw... I actually kept 2 extra keyboards in my office in case she burn up the one she was using...When I left I made sure I left Frappuchino in the frig at work so she not have withdrawals.

Good thing I decided to retire. Now everyone is going to know she was the source of my productivity.

 
At Friday, January 4, 2008 at 6:29:00 AM CST , Blogger Maryann Miller said...

I let Patricia know that I was honored by the append... Don't worry, the pics will continue to come.

After a night of late blogging, Starbucks here I come!

And, yes, over the years Don has called me buzz saw. It all goes back to those old PS/2 keyboards. Ever hear someone that can type 60 wpm type on one of those? LOUD! I'd say Don learned two lessons early on: 1. Don't get between me and the keyboard. Joey on Webkinz is finding out how much I hate to watch others type. I have to leave my office and just let him go. I can still hear me telling folks, "Can I sit down and type?" and then see me darn near shoving them away from the keyboard. 2. Don't correct my spelling. Poor guy was just trying to be helpful. Customer updates on the RETAIN system are not editable. Hey, it was probably 1992, I was young, and back then I didn't make mistakes;-) As it turned out, I had the opportunity to correct his spelling on more than one occassion;-) But, hey, that's what friends are for.

 
At Friday, January 4, 2008 at 1:44:00 PM CST , Blogger Don Miller said...

Maryann is too modest. I put her typing speed then at closer to or over 100 WPM.

After working with customers on the phone sometimes for hours we need to do the update to the Problem Managment Record. Maryann would do her update so I have a minute or two to think about what I wanted to say. Then she listen to me and type what I said. Not only could she type faster than I could talk... she could type faster than I could think!

I run out of thoughts and say 'humm what was that we talked about?' and she would have typed 'what was that we talked about?' Then I notice she typed that and I would say 'no no I didn't mean for you to type that' and she would type that too. She reminds me of those people on TV that say what you said right after you say it. That's how fast Maryann could type!

 
At Friday, January 4, 2008 at 8:52:00 PM CST , Blogger The Vollmers said...

Don and Maryann, you two crack me up!

-Patricia in SC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home