This page has moved to a new address.

Now is Time We Talk About Our Feelings....

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: Now is Time We Talk About Our Feelings....

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Now is Time We Talk About Our Feelings....

Before I get going with my Colorado blog posts, I'm going to take a moment to discuss my feelings.

"Really? You RARELY talk about your feelings....you fill this blog with things you've seen, things you've done, things you would like to do...."

Yeah, I guess you're right, my dear imaginary blogosphere friend. I think the only emotions you ever see out of me are:

"I'm so excited we got to do ^insert activity here^!!!!!!"

or

"Would you believe folks eat ^insert high fructose corn syrup, trans fat-laden food here^?"

So now I'd like to discuss the Inner Mom Peace emotions I'm feeling.

"Aww....how sweet! Whatever do you mean?"


I mean this:

Feeling the peace....

I don't think I realized it until yesterday, the first day of school for my boys.

Yes. Boys -- in the plural! My little Timmy started Kindergarten yesterday!!! Jacob's old hat at this now, and he had no problem making his way to school almost on his own.

From 2010 08 16 First Day of School & Timmy's 1st Day of Kindergarten

From 2010 08 16 First Day of School & Timmy's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Yes, it was emotional for me as Mrs. Brockhaus read the Kindergarteners "The Kissing Hand".

So...after the 30 minute parents' time in Timmy's class, Dave went on to work and I was left with a house to myself.

All.

Day.

Okay, so it wasn't really all day -- but it was 6 1/2 hours! And today, it was 7 hours!

And for the first time in a long time, I was finishing things around the house without one of the kids interrupting me in some way. Whether it's the two of them arguing, one of them asking me a question, or my having to stop everything because it's mealtime or snacktime. Part of being a Mom, I know.

All of our traveling contributed to the disorder in my mental being, I'm sure. It was a fun-filled, action-packed summer, but the return to routine is very welcome!

It isn't really the physical tasks of doing things around the house that's bringing me the peace, it's the mental part of it -- that my brain isn't getting flooding with other things. I'm not thinking "Oh my gosh! I have to get this done NOW!". I know that these things will get done eventually while the kids are at school.

Yesterday I caught up on yard work, laundry and cleaning floors. Today I caught up on filing paperwork -- I had a stack of bill statements, medical insurance statements, military paperwork, even stuff from taxes last winter...a single stack that was growing and growing since New Year's!!! I used to file this stuff MONTHLY! I also put the boys' completed schoolwork in a pile in our office area...I later decide what stuff to keep, what stuff NOT to keep (remember, we're a military family, we can't keep everything!).

This feels great! And it couldn't come at a better time as I have to start preparing for our move this fall. We're planning a yard sale for much of our unneeded stuff, but I've also discovered that some of our items will sell well on Craigslist or eBay. I feel like I have time to do all this now.

It's a nice feeling.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home