This page has moved to a new address.

Ah, The Memories!

You're About to be Redirected to the New Home of Ground Control to Major Mom: Ah, The Memories!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ah, The Memories!

This is a bottle of San Benedetto lemon iced tea ("the" = "tea"). Good stuff.
I had to smile when I saw this for sale at the local BX. I remember
buying 1.5L bottles of the stuff for just a couple dollars when I was
deployed to Bosnia in 1997. Like Snapple, it has a distinct tea
flavor...not too sweet, like that canned Nestea Brisk stuff.
I also remember all the calories that comes with drinking that much
tea. It's sweetened tea, so this 1/2 liter bottle will run you about
160 calories.
BUT IT'S SO GOOD!!!
I think a combination of this tea and way too many Ritter Sport
"Vollnuss" chocolate bars was the reason I didn't lose any weight in
Bosnia despite the tons and tons of exercise I did!
So I picked up two 1/2L bottles today when I went to go buy a bottle
of shampoo...I promise, I'll behave myself and try to restrict this to
a once-a-week treat.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 10:12:00 AM CST , Blogger Paul said...

Is that a chopstick on your plate? What else do they have to eat there besides Popeye's? It looks like the guy on the computer in the background has been enjoying the local fare a bit too much.

 
At Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 12:58:00 PM CST , Blogger Susie PSU said...

Look at it this way. If you only drink the tea and NOT eat the chocolate, you are already better off than when in Bosnia. Enjoy that tea!! There's not tons there for you to really enjoy. Unless it's those British made mixed drinks...;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home